Wonder why sites don't use you?
Sites like easy to use pictures. I see so many new sitemodels try to take pictures like these, wondering why sites aren't using them.
I mean yeah, the first one could be used for a simple sign and the second one would be pretty good for a simple, but most sites like using pictures for preppy. These pictures are waaay too close on her face to even attempt to edit them. Now take a look at this one.
Absolutely GREAT for a preppy sign. It has spaces beside her body, not too big or too small, to add the vector and whatever else the site does.
Now, not all mirror shots are going to be good. For example;
Yes, it's a good pose but theres a few problems with it. (It's originally big, I found it small)For starters, the mirror is filthy. It can be annoying trying to work around that and even after you have the vector behind her, theres still the places on her face. It makes it look pretty sloppy. I understand if theres a crack on the mirror, or some spot that wont come off, just make sure whenever you take the shot that the crack or little spot is where they would edit the vector/gradient into your picture. If I was her, I probably would have backed up a little too so the sites would have more space to be creative with their work. And the last thing, the mirror is really small. I know I hate it when you can see the sides of the mirror in the picture, because it makes it hard to work with. If you keep getting the sides of your mirror into your picture, try a different angle! (:
I won't mention names in this part, but I know one girl who was very pretty, had good shots, and was really nice but only a few sites used her. I would see her in promo albums and people would comment "No, she has the same facial expression in all of her pictures" So she started smiling, and making silly faces like she was having fun with it, and about 50 sites now use her. Theres someone else who has good quality images, and a variety of pictures but you will never see her being used in a sign. The reason? She's extremely rude to everyone.
1. Have a variety of pictures.
2. Be nice. Being rude will get you no where.
3. DO NOT EDIT YOUR PICTURES. Sites HATE this. Even if you go to like, picnik or whatever it is to change some colors, sites hate it. Leave it like it is, unless you have mad photoshop skills and know how to fix the quality. Don't add words, unless you're adding credit because you know for a fact you'll get faked. We have actions! We know how to fix the picture. (:
4. If sites keep saying you're too young and you should wait a little longer, do this. Unless you have atleast 5 sites sticking up for you. Not sitemodels, but sites. I know it seems like forever, but you can wait if you truly want to be a sitemodel. If you're young and you still have a bunch of sites using you, don't allow yourself to get that big just yet. YOUR OPINION COULD CHANGE. You could be very pretty and as strange as it seems, people will fake anyone now. You might ruin your chance at a good job and when you're older be thinking "Why did I do this?"
5. Don't just smile in every single one of your pictures. Smiling is nice, but do some crazy faces! It helps alot. DON'T TAKE THIS AS NEVER SMILE OR HAVE NO FACIAL EXPRESSION IN A PICTURE.
6. If theres a holiday, take a holiday picture.
7. Mirror pictures. Enough said.
8. Take a self shot of you in a car, for instance. Sites could edit their name onto the seatbelt and turn it into a good simple.
9. Don't wait MONTHS to add a new picture.
10. If you can't think of a pose, look at what old sitemodels have done. Like Taylor Parks or Missy Locke. They have A LOT of pictures and they're big sitemodels.
GOOD LUCK! ♥